Yu Xi Wang
Two-Week and One-Week Program Sessions Available
- Two-Week Pre-College Program Dates: June 15 – June 28, 2019
- One-Week Pre-College Program Dates: June 15 – June 21 / June 22 – June 28, 2019
- Two-Week Pre-College Program Dates – July 13 – July 26, 2019
- One-Week Pre-College Program Dates – July 13 – July 19 / July 20 – July 26, 2019
The Philadelphia International Music Festival Piano Studies Program is designed for intermediate to advanced-level pianists and includes: three – five private lessons weekly with our faculty pianists; daily morning master classes with guest instructors; daily instructional piano seminars focusing on four-hand literature; daily, hour-long music class instruction, including a choice between: music theory, jazz, composition, conducting, and choir; two – four hours of required, daily private practice; two evening master classes; optional daily chamber music rehearsals; a concerto competition through which winners are offered an opportunity to perform at the following season’s Winner’s Concert; weekly piano master class, festival-wide solo performance opportunities; and much more!
- 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. – Private Practice/Private Lessons (Three private lessons weekly)
- 11:00 a.m. to Noon – Daily Piano Masterclass
- Noon – Lunch
- 12:50 p.m. to 1:50 p.m. – Piano Duet Class or Elective
- 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. – Piano Duet Class or Elective
- 3:15 p.m. – 5:15 p.m. – Choice between Chamber Music, Drama, Private Practice or Sporting Activities
- 5:30 p.m. – Dinner
Evening Activities include: Faculty Recitals and Master Classes with Principal Players and other members of The Philadelphia Orchestra; Student Solo Performances and Concerto Competitions; Off-Campus trips to Philadelphia Orchestra concert (s ) and to Ocean City, New Jersey; “Play-ins” Conducted by Members of The Philadelphia Orchestra; Festival-wide Talent Show; Movie Night; and much more!
2017 PIMF attendee Kevin Xu performing Weber’s “Invitation to the Dance”