Yu Xi Wang
Two-Week and One-Week Program Sessions Available
- Two-Week Pre-College Program Dates: June 16 – June 29, 2018
- One-Week Pre-College Program Dates: June 16 – June 22 / June 23 – June 29, 2018
- Two-Week Pre-College Program Dates – July 14 – July 27, 2018
- One-Week Pre-College Program Dates – July 14 – July 20 / July 21 – July 27, 2018
The Philadelphia International Music Festival Piano Studies Program is designed for intermediate to advanced-level pianists and includes: three – five private lessons weekly with our faculty pianists; daily instructional piano seminars including topics such as music theory, four-hand literature, sight reading, etc; two – four hours of required, daily private practice; optional daily chamber music rehearsals; a concerto competition through which winners perform as soloists with the popular Ocean City Pops Orchestra; weekly piano master class, festival-wide solo performance opportunities; and much more!
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00 a.m. to Noon – Private Practice/Private Lessons (3-5 private lessons weekly)
- Noon – Lunch
- 12:50 p.m. to 1:50 p.m. – Piano Duet Class
- 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. – Piano Seminar (Music Theory, Four-Hand Literature, Sight Reading, etc.)
- 3:15p – 5:15p – Choice between Chamber Music, Drama, Private Practice or Sporting Activities
- 5:30 p.m. – Dinner
2017 PIMF attendee Kevin Xu performing Weber’s “Invitation to the Dance”
Evening Activities include: Faculty Recitals and Master Classes with Principal Players and other members of The Philadelphia Orchestra; Student Solo Performances and Concerto Competitions; Off-Campus trips to Philadelphia Orchestra concert (s ) and to Ocean City, New Jersey; “Play-ins” Conducted by Members of The Philadelphia Orchestra; Festival-wide Talent Show; Movie Night; and much more!