Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information and Updates
Arrival and Departure Procedures
- Student arrivals will be staggered. Registered students will receive a designated arrival time via email prior to the start of the festival. Departure times will also be staggered. Please look for detailed information in your “inbox” as the festival draws closer.
- Unvaccinated students must submit proof of a negative test result taken no more than 72 hours prior to arrival. (Fully vaccinated students do not need to undergo pre-festival COVID-Testing.)
- All students will be sent a Symptom Tracker Form leading up to their arrival on campus. Symptom tracker forms must be turned in at Registration. (Symptom tracker forms are required of both vaccinated and unvaccinated students.)
- See the Symptom Tracking section below for daily Symptom Tracking information.
- Enrollment was significantly for 2021 and will also be reduced for 2022.
- Evening concerts and events will be closed to families, friends, and community members. Thank you for your understanding.
- All rooms utilized by PIMF will follow room capacity limits to allow for participants to social distance at federal, state, and county required distances.
- Social distancing of six feet should be maintained by all students, staff, and faculty whenever possible.
- Masks are required at all times indoors for students, faculty, and staff (except while in respective resident rooms or individual private practice rooms).
- Masks are optional outdoors.
- Winds and brass players are required to bring bell covers for their instruments. Flute players must bring (and use at all times) a flute boot.
- Students are expected to bring an appropriate supply of face masks (either disposable or cloth masks).
- Students will be required to track their symptoms daily on a symptom tracker app on their smartphone. Students without cell phones will be issued daily paper forms to fill out with the assistance of their assigned camp counselors.
- Staff and Faculty will be required to administer self-screenings each morning.
- Students, Staff, and Faculty will receive daily temperature checks.
- Separate facilities will be provided should isolation and/or quarantining be necessary.
PIMF COVID guidelines will be updated regularly. Check back each week for additional information.
For More Information:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Pennsylvania Department of Health
- Montgomery County Office of Public Health
Detailed Coronavirus-related procedures will continue to be updated as the festival draws near.