New Solo Performance Preparation Program Sessions in July!
Two-Week and One-Week Program Sessions Available:
- Two-Week Sessions: June 17 – June 30 or July 15 – July 28, 2017
- One-Week Sessions: June 17-23, June 24-30, July 15-21, or July 22-28, 2017
The Philadelphia International Music Festival Solo Performance Preparation Program is a by audition only program designed for advanced student musicians, 13-19 years of age, preparing for upcoming solo performances or competitions. Designed for students prepared to spend 7 or 14-days in intense music training, this unique program includes: three-five weekly hour-long private lessons with members of our world-class faculty, including principal players from The Philadelphia Orchestra; daily solo performance classes; daily chamber music rehearsals; daily thirty-minute workouts with a faculty accompanist; four-five hours of required daily private practice; numerous opportunities for on and off campus solo performances; two concerto competitions through which winners perform on-stage duo concertos with members of The Philadelphia Orchestra and as soloists with the Ocean City Pops Orchestra in New Jersey; Master Classes with members of The Philadelphia Orchestra; and much, much more.
The audition process for the PIMF Solo Performance Program – the most elite of our many programs – is highly competitive and limited to only 22 students in the June session and 10 students in the July session. Early application is strongly recommended.
|Sample Daily Schedule|
|9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.:||Private Practice, Private Lessons, Accompanist Workouts|
|12:00 p.m.- 12:50 p.m.:||Lunch|
|12:50 – 1:50 p.m.:||Solo Performance Preparation Program Class|
|2:00 p.m.- 3:00 p.m.:||Private Practice|
|3:15 p.m. – 5:15 p.m.:||Chamber Music Program|
Private Lessons and rehearsals with faculty accompanists are scheduled throughout the day as appropriate. Solo Performance Preparation Program students receive three lessons per week within their program fee but have an option to purchase up to two additional lessons per week. The Chamber Music Program is included within the program fee for the PIMF Solo Performance Preparation Program.
Ample Solo Performance Opportunities included:
Solo Performance Hours, Daily Solo Performance Class, and the following Competitions:
Acceptance to the Solo Performance Preparation Program is audition only. Applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. To be considered for the PIMF Solo Performance Preparation Program, please follow the guidelines below:
- Register online. (Applicants are required to submit online registration form prior to uploading audition materials.)
- Submit audition materials via Acceptd – the official online audition platform of the Philadelphia International Music Festival. Audition materials must include: five to ten minutes of CURRENT, WELL-PREPARED solo repertoire. Performances may be accompanied or unaccompanied. We recommend (but do not require) that audition recordings include two contrasting pieces.
- Decisions will emailed within two weeks after audition materials are submitted.
- Please note that students not accepted to the Solo Performance Preparation Program will receive a full refund of the required $250 registration deposit.
Auditions will determine: Program Acceptance, Chamber Music Placement, Master Class Selection and – in some cases – Teacher. As admission to this program is on a rolling basis, early registration and audition material submission is highly recommended.